Thursday 8 August 2013

Widgets

Yoga on the Bridge

Hello friends!

I heard this song on the radio this morning, put me in a great mood on this sunny day:


Hope it brightens your day too :)

Yoga on the Covered Bridge



My plans got a bit de-railed last night.

When I showed up for my kettlebell class...there was no one there! I guess I missed the memo :S
I was a bit disappointed at first, but then decided that the universe was trying to tell me something – it was saying GO TO YOGA

So I did. And it was awesome!

During the late summer months, a local teacher named Owen teaches at the Wakefield covered bridge on Wednesday nights (unofficially at 6:30 if you’re in the area!) and I haven’t been able to attend recently since I’ve signed up for a kettlebell conditioning class at the same time, so I was super pumped to attend this week! 

Photo credit

It was a small class, about 10-15 of us, but it was a great experience. Since it was a bit cooler out last night, and raining off-and-on, hence my outdoor kettlebell class being canceled, there weren’t the usual group of roudy teenagers at the swimming rocks below. Instead, it was just us, our breathing, Owen’s calm instructions, and the sound of the river below us.

Photo credit

It was exactly what I needed! I haven’t been incorporating yoga into my weekly fitness schedule for the past couple of weeks since my usual yoga class is not running during the summer, so it was great to get back onto the mat!



I am clearly new at this whole blogging thing, because I completely forgot my camera – next time!
Photo credit

What NOT to Eat Before Yoga


In a moment of weakness after realizing my kettlebell class was canceled, I somehow got convinced to get a quick poutine before yoga.

For those of you who haven’t had the privilege to taste such a wonderful concoction of fries, cheese curds and gravy, here’s a lovely picture:

Photo credit

Needless to say, the mixture of scarfing this down and running off to a yoga class, I felt a wee bit woozy at the beginning of class.

Lesson learned: Don’t eat greasy food ridiculously close to having a yoga class where you will be twisting around, going upside down, and trying to engage your poutine-filled core. 

Child's Pose
I’ll be back later this afternoon with my workout plans and meals for today!

Question of the Day:


  • Have you ever eaten anything before doing an exercise class that you regretted? How long do you usually give yourself to digest?

I’m hoping you say more than 5 minutes. Because, now we all know that doesn’t work ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment