Monday 19 August 2013

Widgets

World Humanitarian Day


Good Afternoon!

It’s crazy, but just like that *snaps fingers* it seems like I was never even gone! Back to ‘real’ life, so fast!

Lunch


I came home to a very empty fridge, so I kind of had to make-do with what I could scrounge together. 

I had 2 scrambled eggs on a whole wheat wrap with salsa for breakfast – I couldn’t even take a picture since my camera is full of pics from Nova Scotia!!

Lunch was same, but different.



Wrap, lettuce and cheese. Mostly lettuce. We need groceries ASAP.


With lots of fruits and veggies!

I went for a nice long walk at lunchtime, which always helps me to center myself when things are piling up around me. Lots of work to catch up on after being gone for a week!!


World Humanitarian Day


I am currently working on a team that programs Canada's humanitarian assistance overseas. I am truly blessed to be working with such a unique group of people who have been involved in numerous natural disasters and man-made tragedies around the world. 


The world needs more #compassion


Today is World Humanitarian Day, which marks 10 years since the bombing of the UN headquarters in Iraq. I wanted to take this opportunity to spread the love for all those people who work endlessly in order to provide assistance to those in need, while upholding the humanitarian values of humanity, impartiality, neutrality and independence. My heart goes out to all those who have lost their lives in the hopes of providing life-saving assistance, and hope that everyone who is working in the field today feels the support of the global humanitarian community.


Sergio Valieira de Mello, who was killed in the Iraq bombings. 
He was the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights at the time.

Check out http://worldhumanitarianday.org/ for more information if you are interested!

No comments:

Post a Comment