Wednesday 7 August 2013

Widgets

Protein Pancakes

Good Morning!

I'm feeling nice and refreshed today after (finally) having a bit of a low-key night. I made some basil hummus







Ready for snack time!

Dinner


I made a good home-cooked meal of quinoa, chicken breast, with garden beans and cucumber



And, obviously, made time to play with Kit


Such a mischievous little guy.

Protein Pancakes


As promised, here is my recipe. It is a mixture of this and this and this. I'm sure you have all seen a recipe for a 'protein pancake', but I have brought it down to the least amount of ingredients but still with enough staying power to fill me up in the morning :)

Protein Pancakes


1/2 Banana (Mashed)
1 Tbsp Protein Powder
1 Tbsp Ground Flax Seed
1 Egg

Mix it all together and fry it up. Let it cook for a good couple of minutes before flipping. Put fruit on top, drizzle a little maple syrup (because we're Canadian, eh?) and EAT!


I use hemp protein. It looks a bit gross (green) but I prefer it as a dairy-free option.


Scrambled pancake anyone?


Let it heat up enough, otherwise you actually end up with scrambled pancake...
(It's happened to me, many times)


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment