Monday 26 August 2013

Widgets

08/25 Pics from the Weekend

Hi there!

I had a great weekend, hope you allwere able to get out and enjoy the sunshine :)

It was a weekend full of BBQs and river time for me, couldn't ask for a better time with friends!

BBQ Dinner

On my way to my friend's place after work on Friday, I ran into this beach volleyball tournament. In the middle of the street. So cool! Wish I had known about this sooner, I totally would have joined a team!




My friend's kitten Sylvester, hoping to get some scraps


Love this veggie dish on the BBQ! So handy.


Mojitos please :)


Couscous salad with fresh grilled veggies. Aw yeah.


Gatineau River Yacht Club


Since it was such a beautiful day on Saturday, I decided to go for a swim at the yacht club (aka GRYC), which is on an island. Makes for a perfect 20-30 min swim all the way around...depending on how many pit stops you take ;)



I saw this awesome party boat, which had a live band playing on it. 





This lady always takes her two dogs with her out on the water.



The club house





I love how I always see people I know here. I ended up going both days, and always ran into friends! 


Sunday Runday


I ended up taking my parents dog, Bella, for a run on Sunday. I needed a bit of motivation - after a friends' going away BBQ on Saturday night, all I wanted to do was laze by the water. But I took this beauty out for a walk first:



My little water dog





I am still learning about this whole 'take pics as you're moving' concept...


Lead the way!



Kind of defeats the purpose of getting wet and clean




Loving life! I went on the trail/loop near the Chelsea Visitor Center, which has always been my family's fav place to go for a walk. It's just over 2km long, so you can do as many loops as you like :)


I think I know every bend in the trail, and so does Bella - she knows when to vere off the trail to our water pit stop ;)



Stretching it out. Weekend success.

No comments:

Post a Comment