Thursday 1 August 2013

Widgets

Rainbow Wedding

Morning lovelies!

Hope you all had an amazing night! I did a crazy awesome kettlebell conditioning class after work yesterday with Pip - if you're in the Wakefield area, you MUST try one of her classes. But watch out, it's addictive ;)

Afterwards, I walked down to the covered bridge to meet up with the boyf - he does a yoga class on the bridge on Wednesday nights. So good.

We stopped by the Chicoine's place afterwards, and I got stuck there, as per usual. They are a wonderful family of 6 children who do crazy things like run across Canada, and then the United States! They fed me delicious food and sangria...and we ended up staying up wayyyy past my bedtime haha but hey, its summa time!

 

Rainbow Wedding


Good friends of my boyf, and recently myself, got married this past weekend. It was my first time attending a friend's wedding, and it was a total blast!!

Arriving at the farm
Ceremony site - bails of hay as seats, so cute!
The view of the Gatineau River

They had a rainbow theme, so everyone was (strongly) encouraged to wear their most colourful get-up. The wedding party was ah-mazing and coordinated colours of the rainbow - a red pair, orange, blue, green, pink, yellow, and purple. The wedding party hid in the woods behind the location of the ceremony, so we were all surprised as they made their way out. The bride and groom were absolutely radiating!



Even the guy who conducted the ceremony was decked out in a Beatles album cover-inspired green suit.


The guys did a GREAT job renting old-school colourful suits, although the ring bearer kind of stole the show.


Yep. That's a fro'

Cookie, rocking it





Leading the way back to the party tent!
 Biggest surprise was the huge lemonade stand that they had, which made amazingly (dangerously?) delicious spiked lemonades until the wee hours of the morning.

Centre piece

Since we never manage to get a good picture of the two of us, I forced my friend to take a picture of me and the boyf - I think it actually turned out okay!



Me and the photog, Kaitlin :)


The decor was amazing, and the speeches were fabulous. We even organized a flash singing mob with our own lyrics to this song. Rainbows? Get it? I know, we're cute :)


We were up until the wee hours of the morning, dancing along with the bride and groom. It was fantastic-ly wonderful, and I am so happy for them!!!

Party time. Party tent.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness!!! So cute! Looks beautiful! Considering they planned this in less than 6 months, they did an AMAZING job. Good for them :) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it was amazing! They did a fabulous job, such cute little extras - such as a tye-dying station for the kiddies (aka adults in the wee hours of the morning haha)

      Delete