Thursday 22 August 2013

Widgets

Run in the Rain

Since it was still raining out at lunch, I walked to my fav place in my office building. I work in a huge government complex, which has about 5 different buildings all connected, which makes it slightly confusing to move from one to the next. 

When I was a student here back in the day, a work friend took me to this area, which was like a little green sanctuary inside our buildings. Don’t get me wrong, I have my fair share of plants in my cubicle.



I would take more pics, but I don't want my coworkers to think I've totally lost my mind ;)

But I always find it so refreshing to go and sit here every once in a while, especially on days that I don’t feel like going outside due to the rain or the snow.




Sorry, did I mention snow? Ugh. Not ready for that yet!


I had a nice chat with a good friend of mine, who always knows how to brighten up my day :)

I am back to the regular ol’ salad beasts for lunch. 

 

Run in the Rain


I’ve decided to brave the weather tonight after work. I’m not so down with looking like a drowned rat at work after running outside in the rain, but I secretly love running in the rain so I’m going to head out after work today to get my sweat sesh in before dinner! I haven’t done an interval run in a while, so I’m going to do a quick one tonight:

Running Intervals

5 min warm-up
1 min 70% effort
1 min 30% effort
1 min 80% effort
1 min 30% effort

Repeat x 4 for a total of 16 mins.

Feel the burn ;)

I usually do another 10-15 min run at a steady pace afterwards. Do you guys ever do intervals? How long are your intervals usually?

Have a great night!

2 comments:

  1. That's a really nice place- very comforting and relaxing I bet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is the perfect little getaway sanctuary, especially in the winter months when everything is so white outside!

      Delete