Wednesday 16 October 2013

Widgets

Potato-Less Mashed Potatoes {Cauliflower Mash}

Hi All!

I now remember why I am usually such a grandma on weeknights…I had to rely on an old friend to get me through the afternoon today.


The perfect balance of hydration and caffeine.

Workout


I am planning on doing a few pilates videos from Blogilates, even though all I want to do right now is curl up in bed and watch tv shows and listen to the rain…I’m putting myself to sleep just thinking about it ;)




And a full-body cardio workout to attack the nachos from last night ;)


Feel the burn.

Dinner


I saw a recipe for potato-less mashed potatoes and was intrigued. I happened to have a bunch of cauliflower that was on the verge of being tossed into the compost bin, so I decided to try it out for dinner tonight!



I boiled the cauliflower first - it would also be good steamed, but I was a bit too impatient ;)


Then into the blender it goes!


With a dash of garlic powder and pepper


Et voila, delicious cauliflower mash! Served with a side of grilled cod :)



Cauliflower Mash
Inspired by Fed and Fit recipe


Ingredients

2 cups of cauliflower, cut
1 tbsp avocado oil
1 dash of garlic powder
1 dash of pepper



Directions

Boil pot of water and boil cauliflower, cut into chunks, until soft.

Strain and put in blender, being careful not to burn yourself on the steam(!!).

Add avocado oil (or other oil of choice), garlic powder (or freshly minced garlic for reduced sodium), pepper and any other desired herbs.

Blend until desired consistency. [Note: I left mine a bit chunky (I know, gross word) but you can simply blend for longer until it has that mashed potato texture]

Serve warm with chopped chives on top or freshly ground pepper. Enjoy!




Keep up to date on all things Fitness à la Anna by following me on Twitter and Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment