Wednesday 16 October 2013

Widgets

10/16 What I Ate Wednesday

Hello friends!

How are things going?? I had a great bike ride last night and decided to load up on groceries on my way home.


My new fav way of carrying groceries.


In the spirit of trying to get back on schedule in terms of clean eating, and giving my body a bit of a break from all the the rich food that happened over the long weekend, I am posting all my eats from yesterday.

World Food Day


Its also perfect timing, since it is World Food Day!!

As you may know, I work for the Department of Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development (DFATD) on the humanitarian food assistance team, so World Food Day is kind of a big deal for me ;)

The World Food Programme (WFP) has lots of info about the day here, and I really encourage you all to spread a little attitude of gratitude today about the fact that we are able to access fresh and nutritious food on a daily basis.

If you feel like spreading a bit of love for those who have been displaced and rely on organization's such as WFP for their daily meals, follow this link to donate.

Day's Worth of Eats


Usually my daily meals get a bit repetitive, especially for my breakfast, lunch and snacks, but yesterday was a perfect example of a busy evening where I attended a potluck volunteer meeting after work and then met up with friends for drinks to catch up.

So, in terms of detoxing, it wasn't the best, but I tried to make some smarter choices to balance it out a bit ;)

Breakfast


I threw together a bowl of oats-to-go this morning - 1/2 cup of rolled oats, 1 cup of almond milk, 1/4 cup of frozen strawberries and a dash of cinnamon. I heated it up at work - the perfect way to give me a boost back after a long weekend!

Snack


A couple of hours later, I had just under a 1/2 cup of natural greek yogurt with a 1/2 cup of frozen berries in it - the natural sugar from the berries made up for the tartness of the flavourless yogurt :)

Lunch 


This is probs the lamest 'salad' I have ever made - lettuce, goat cheese, olive oil and pepper. For serious. I reeeeally needed groceries after being gone for the long weekend(!!!)

I had an apple and a couple of pieces of my roomie's homemade focaccia bread. Because I am spoiled and she left some on the counter with an 'EAT ME' sign. And because, really, who says no to homemade focaccia?

No one.

Snack 


I'm a dried date FIEND these days - I got a jumbo sized bag of them and have been making my through it embarrassingly fast. I didn't have my regular veggies an hummus combo since I was seriously lacking veggies. And hummus.

So dates and almonds it was ;)

Dinner



I had a volunteer meeting tonight, and what with grocery shopping and doing a quick workout, I kind of threw this together - steamed cauliflower (with dijon mustard not pictured here) and tofu with tamari sauce.

Easy peasy.

Snack

Here are two ridiculously blurry pics that I tried to sneak of our gigantic bowl of 'lightly salted' potato chips from our CMETrust meeting.

I had a handful. Or five.

I can't help it when it is looking right at me and at arms reach!!

Dranks

My lovely NYC travel buddy was in town from Montreal, so I met up with some of ma ladies for some dranks. I indulged a bit with a lychee martini at the Standard on Elgin street


So delicious


And then switched to my go-to, the gin and soda with lime



Loaf my ladies


Two limes are better than one


...and then we ended the night with the most delicious nachos of life!

So, overall, a bit of a fail in terms of trying to stay on track, but YOLO! You only live once, my friends, so you might as well enjoy the life you have every once in a while ;)

My detox starts...now!


Keep up to date on all things Fitness à la Anna by following me on Twitter and Facebook


[Disclaimer: I am in no way supported by WFP, and all opinions above are my own]

No comments:

Post a Comment