Thursday 10 October 2013

Widgets

Chocolate Millet Crisp Bark with Peanut Butter Drizzle


Hello friends!

Hope you are all having an awesome afternoon :)

I am stopping by again today to deliver an amazingly awesome and quick recipe, inspired by Oh She Glows.

Chocolate Millet Crisp Bark with Peanut Butter Drizzle


A long name for a delicious and quick treat!

But, before sharing the recipe, I have to admit the real reason why I made these delicious chocolate and peanut butter bars. I kind of destroyed one of our chairs. 


I had a bag full of onions and potatoes hanging out in the cupboard, and while cooking a couple of days ago, I placed it on the chair in our kitchen and didn't notice the gross wet spot that was left behind on it. My poor roommate sat down on the chair and sat up almost instantly and was like 'What is that SMELL?!'

Turns out rotten potatoes is the worst smell. Of all time. 

So, in return for making our chair smell like the bottom of a forgotten dumpster, I doused the chair in baking soda (it worked!!!) and made these treats :)


All fixed now!!


This recipe was honestly so quick and easy that I forgot to take pictures along the way until I had already added the puffed millet cereal to the mix


Melty goodness 


Frozen and ready for pb drizzle


The one to the top right was kind of like the first pancake. I had to try it for quality control ;)


Not too sweet, and a perfect little snack!


Chocolate Millet Crisp Bark with Peanut Butter Drizzle
Inspired by Oh She Glows recipe


Ingredients

½ cup coconut oil
½ cup cocoa powder
6 tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 ½ cups puffed millet cereal
2 tbsp peanut butter


Directions

Warm up coconut oil in a pot on medium heat until liquefied.

Add cocoa powder, maple syrup (can also use agave syrup), and vanilla extract. Remove from heat.

Add puffed millet cereal (or puffed rice cereal) and mix until fully coated.

Cover the bottom of a pan with parchment paper. (Note: I used a bit of a bigger pan for thin pieces, but can use a smaller one for thicker bark pieces)

Pour mixture into pan and smooth out.

Place in freezer for 15 minutes, or until frozen.

Warm up peanut butter.

When bark is frozen, remove from freezer and drizzle/spread peanut butter onto the top.

Keep these in the freezer or in the fridge (the coconut oil will melt very quickly otherwise) and enjoy!!



Keep up to date on all things Fitness à la Anna by following me on Twitter and Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment