Wednesday 19 March 2014

Widgets

Kuangsi Waterfalls in Luang Prabang, Laos

 
Hi friends! 


I am officially in Laos now, lovin life. It's a much different vibe from Thailand, a bit more laid back and definitely less populated. 


Laos is les developed than Thailand and does not seen to be such a big tourist destination. 


Nevertheless, the scenery is beautiful and the towns seem to be much smaller-scale than those in Thailand. 


It was humid and HAWT yesterday, so I decided to check out the Kuangsi waterfall, which is a 45 minute drive outside of Luang Prabang. 


I went at around noon, and the place was pretty packed by the time I arrived. It was the weekend, so there were also a lot of locals. 


It was quite forested around the waterfalls, so I didn't really feel like swimming in the cool waters right away. 


I decided to hike up the side of the main waterfall to lookout on the mountains. 


It was not a long hike, only about 15 minutes, but it was hella steep so I was sweating up a storm afterwards. 


Swimming in the lower pools - you aren't allowed to swim up top - was the most refreshing thing ever. 

 
View from the top


You might say I'm a bit addicted to waterfalls ;) 


I was there for about 4 hours and hung around the various pools. Definitely a great excursion to do if you're in the area!

 
There's also a random area with sun bears that have been saved from captivity. 


Just be sure to cover up when you leave ;)


Before you wander out to the market area. 


The drive from Luang Prabang is actually quite lovely as well. 


No comments:

Post a Comment