Friday 28 March 2014

Widgets

Blue Lagoon in Vang Vieng, Laos

made the crazy minivan journey from Phonsavahn to Vang Vieng like a champ and didn't even throw up once. I know, so good ;)


I met up with some people that I had met in Luang Prabang and we decided to rent some mountain bikes and head out to the blue lagoon. 


Thank sweet baby Jesus that we got mountain bikes. It was seriously the bumpiest road I've ever ridden before in my entire life. I saw some poor suckers who had rented city bikes. It took us about 40mins, but it must have taken them at least twice the amount of time. 


I didn't get any pics at the blue lagoon, but it was a lazy river with deliciously cold water and a light blue colour - the best reward after the bike ride in deathly heat. 


There is a big tree that everyone jumped out of and a rope swing. I'm proud to say that I did both(!!) although there was this one guy who went to the top of the tree (I only did the first level) and stayed there for - no joke - one hour as people tried to convince him to jump. 


Eventually he just climbed back down the ladder and dove off the lower level. Everyone clapped when he surfaced and he looked like he wanted to crawl into a hole. We're a bunch of meanies. 


There was also a big cave that you could go into, but I got preoccupied playing beach volleyball so I never made it. I would def recommend checking it out, though. It sounds awesome! 


You can rent headlamps there, but it would be a good idea to bring some yourself :)

No comments:

Post a Comment