Thursday 12 November 2015

Widgets

Throwback Travel Thursday: Citadel in Hue, Vietnam


Morning friends!

Here is the second instalment of my Throwback Travel Thursdays - I wanted to focus on the beautiful Citadel that I visited during my short stay in Hue!

Throwback Travel Thursday: Citadel in Hue, Vietnam


I didn't stay too long in Hue, I arrived in the afternoon and left bright'n'early the next morning.


The walk to the Citadel was really great from the Hue Backpackers Hostel - I walked over the bridge and saw some cool things along the streets along the way!


It's quite a nice city along the water, which supposedly has some really nice beachy areas as well, which I didn't check out.


I ended up going to the Citadel, which is the old imperial city of Vietnam.





It was bombed during the Vietnam war, but many of the buildings have been restored.

It is a walled-in city with a moat surrounding it.


It takes about two and a half hours to do the whole tour with a tour guide, but I decided to just wander around and admire the beautiful architecture.


There is a video that explains the history at the first big palatial building, so I wasn't completely lost ;)


Definitely something to check out if you are in the area!



  •  Have you been or are you planning on going to Hue, Vietnam? If not, will you be adding it to your "MUST SEE" list??

No comments:

Post a Comment