Thursday 19 December 2013

Widgets

12/19 Link Love

Guten Morning!

I am in a ridiculously good mood. It might have something to do with the fact that I woke up to this song playing on CBC Radio:


Or maybe it's the fact that I only have two more days of work before I take off and start living the vagabond lifestyle...until I come back to Canada for law school, of course ;)

Dinner & Wrapping


I had a great night at my Mom's bff's place in Chelsea. My phone/camera died so I wasn't able to snap any pics of the beautiful snowy scenery, and I obvi forgot my charger in Ottawa because I am the most organized person ever these days. NAWT.

Anywho, we had a wonderful curry dinner, with a crackling fire, and I helped her wrap Christmas presents. Correction: I wrapped all of her Christmas presents while we chatted because I am a big weirdo and absolutely LOVE wrapping presents!

[Source]

Seriously, its my jam. It is one of the things that I look forward to during the holidays - helping my parents, and now their friends, wrap presents. I like to get all fancy with ribbons and am very particular about the way that I fold the wrapping paper. It's the little things, amiright?!

We were planning on watching a Christmas movie, one of the classics like A White Christmas

[Source]

But then we decided that we wanted to watch more of an inspirational movie, and since Nelson Mandela passed away recently, we ended up watching Invictus

[Source]

He was such a brilliant man - the fact that he honed into rugby, the 'gentleman' sport that was seen as a symbol of Apartheid, as a method of uniting his country kind of blows my mind. It seems so simple, but it was so effective.

Also, fun fact: my Mom's friend has a signed copy of Nelson Mandela's autobiography A Long Walk to Freedom. A bit of a hefty read, it honestly took me a couple of years to get through, but his story is amazingly inspirational. Would definitely recommend it!

Or, if the size of the book seems a bit daunting, there's also the movie that just came out ;)


Link Love


Here are some links to brighten up your day :)

Get Into That Christmas Feeling

This Family's Christmas Card Makes Your Family Look Lame

Billy on the Street: Christmas Carol Ambush with Amy Poehler

'Elf' Recreated by Pugs

Warm The Heart

$40 Million Lottery Winner Says He'll Donate it All to Cancer Charities

The Problem with Celebrity Coverage? They Never Show This Type of Video

Laugh A Little

39 Test Answers That Are 100% Wrong But Still Genius

18 Reasons Being Single During the Holidays is Pretty Great

Health Break

Why Diet Coke is Making You Fatter and Wrinklier

6 Reasons to Drink More Water

I'll be back (hopefully) later tonight with a Throwback Thursday post - stay tuned!!

No comments:

Post a Comment