Wednesday 4 December 2013

Widgets

12/04 What I Ate Wednesday - Phone Fail Edition

Hi friends,

Hope you are all had a better morning than myself.

I mean, I don't really have that much to complain about, but...at the same time...I really do.

I was in a rush this morning, taking pics of my lunch as I prepped it for this blog post, and - without thinking too much about it - put my phone in my back pocket. No big deal, right? WRONG!

[Source]
My iPhone fell into the watery depths of the toilet this morning. 

Literally the saddest end to an iPhone of ALL TIME. I felt like the silliest person ever - I mean, how many stories have you heard of your friends dropping their phone into the toilet?! [Or is this just a girl thing...?] You would think that I would have learned from their sorry tales, but no. I didn't. And now I am phoneless. 

Le sad trombone. 

The worst part is that I only got the silly thing a couple of months ago after resisting the urge to get a smartphone for SO LONG. I was seriously one of the last people on Earth who didn't have a smartphone. For serious. 

I was just starting to get used to the amazingness that they call iPhones - the convenience of being able to talk, text, listen to music, google, instagram, take pictures, email...ALL IN ONE PLACE! Don't even get me started with the hilarity of snapchat...and now it has been washed down the toilet. 

Well, almost. 

Anyway, it is now resting in a bag of rice - I am praying to the phone gods that it might just miraculously fix itself - but in the meantime...anyone want to sell me an iPhone for real cheap? Eh? Friends...?

What I Ate Wednesday


Since I have zero photographic evidence of my meals for the day, today's post will be a little bit less exciting than usual.

Breakfast

I woke up to a text from my roommate, who was in a baking frenzy last night, that said "YOU MUST TRY A GINGER COOKIE". So I did. And it was delicious. And, yes, this is what happens when you live in an apartment with 5 ladies ;)
I then made my regular protein pancake with a dollop of plain Greek yogurt and a bit of maple syrup. I needed something to make me feel better after the phone fiasco...

Morning Snack

Since I kind of indulged at breakfast time, and I had an urgent tasking to do this morning at work, I wasn't hungry until about 11:30 and I didn't really feel ready for lunch yet, so I had an apple as a snack. 

 [Source]
An apple a day, amiright?

[Aunt Kim: you will be happy to note that I actually went grocery shopping last night, although I still think that online ordering service you found might come in handy in the near future...]

Lunch

I threw together a salad beast this morning:

Lettuce
Kale
Flaked salmon
Corn (from a can...I know, super lame. But so tasty)
Balsamic vinegar

Afternoon Snack

I don't know if I have mentioned this before, but I am a snacking queen during the weekdays. Since I have breakfast so early, I usually can't make it to lunchtime without a little something - this is usually in the form of Greek yogurt, cottage cheese and/or fruit. 

I really have no excuse for my afternoon snacks, but they are a necessary part of my life. I usually go for a mixture of veggies and hummus (which is what I have packed for today), fruit and nuts (almonds, cashews, etc) or a green juice. 

Lately, I have also been indulging in the (almost) daily pastries that my coworker brings in that are made by his wife in her Cordon Bleu baking class. She has a particular gift with dough. I'm serious. 

Today was particularly indulgent: some sort of scrumptious cake with crème fraiche (I only took a little piece) AND someone on the team just got back from traveling in Switzerland, so there was also a mega bag full of Swiss chocolates. How can I say no?! 

The answer: I can't.

The solution: An hour and a half hot yoga class tonight. And lots of water. 

Dinner

I made a big lentil medley with steamed spinach instead of kale last night, with a huge dollop of Sriracha sauce, so I have leftovers waiting for me in the fridge after work :)

 [Source]

On a related note, have you heard about the Sriracha factory closing?! I clearly need to stock-up ASAP. I wonder if this is some sort of strange ploy by the company to increase sales and jack up the price...elaborate, but clearly a little bit genius. Sneaky Sriracha.

So, that's it follks! A full day of eats :)

Hope you all have a great hump day, and I'll (hopefully) be back tomorrow 
with a gift guide for the fitness-babes in your life!!

No comments:

Post a Comment