Sunday 20 October 2013

Widgets

My Weekend: Dancing & Juicing

Hello friends!

Sorry about being a no-show on the blog yesterday, I was nursing a bit of a headache all day and so I didn't even go on the computer once...

...but that didn't stop me from dancing the night away both Friday AND Saturday night!! No way Jose ;)

Dancing 


I went to the salsa dance bar called Caliente with a friend of mine on Friday night and had so much fun! They have free salsa classes on Fridays from 8 to 10, so we were able to meet a couple of the dancers who twirled us around the dance floor.

Turns out I still have a lot to learn in the art of Latino dancing, but there's nothing like a solid salsa dance song to get your hips shaking. Amiright?!


I don't think this is technically 'salsa' but its still wonderfulll

A friend of mine was in town from Kingston last night, so I decided to get off my sorry little bottom and leave my hidey-hole in my bedroom and hang out with some of my lovely ladies. I went to one of my friend's place for some pre-drinks and to dance around to way too much Rhianna. We loves us some RiRi.

Her apartment is pretty much the cutest ever, she has decorated it amazingly. She is way more on the ball than I am in terms of Hallowe'en decorations.


Loves it!

We ended up going to Junxion in the Byward Market and had a great time dancing to top 40 hits. Although, we decided that we miiiiight be getting a bit old for clubbing. We decided to leave a bit early because it was a) past our bedtime and b) our ears were ringing from the loud music.

But, hey, at least we still know how to have a good time!

[And no, I didn't take ANY pics either night. Not even one. Lame sauce!]

Juicing


I have discovered that a freshly-pressed juice is the best remedy for the morning-after-dancing-the-night-away.

Here are two that I tried this weekend:



3 carrots
2 apples
4 leaves of kale

Doesn't make such a wonderful colour once you mix it up, but it came out like a pretty rainbow while I was juicing :)



I then ventured into the land of the green juice. And I think its fair to say that I'm officially a convert!


1 cucumber
4 leaves of kale
2 apples
1/2 lemon

I added the lemon as a bit of an afterthought, and I think I would leave it out next time since it made it a bit tart. Otherwise, it was delicious! And so nutritious ;)


I am just about to head out the door to drive to the Montreal airport to pick up my Stepdad, who just spent 10 days in Egypt with my Mom and little sister who are living there for a year. So excited to hear his stories!

Also, turns out I am able to see one of my old roomies (not, like, old, but you know, not currently my roomie. Le sad face) who is on her way to India to take a yoga teacher training course - so excited for her and her upcoming travel adventures!!!


Bottom's Up :)

No comments:

Post a Comment