Thursday 3 October 2013

Widgets

[Modified] Total Body Circuit & Spaghetti Squash 'Pasta'

Morning friends!

Hope you all had a wonderful evening :)

[Modified] Total Body Circuit 


I continue to have the urge to cook, but I also managed to get in a total body circuit that was modified for my, erm, gimp foot.



This is a modified version of this Bodyrock workout.



Modified Total Body Circuit
Do each exercise for a total of 50 seconds, and then take 10 seconds break before moving on to the next exercise. Do all four exercise 2, 3, or 4 times through. Feel free to do the unmodified versions if you can :)

1. Push-ups on knees
2. Wide leg ½ burpee – walk legs back to a high plank with knees on the ground, walk feet forward on both sides of hands with feet out at 45 degree angle and stand up
3. Leg lifts – sit on edge of chair and lift legs up in the middle, down to the left side, up in the middle, down to the right side, and keep alternating
4. Upright row to shoulder press – keep weight in hands as you bend forward and do an upright row and as you pull weight into your body continue to raise it to the ceiling as a shoulder press



Spaghetti Squash 'Pasta' 


I have never actually cooked with spaghetti squash before, so I wasn't sure if I was going to like the taste of it. I assumed that since I like pretty much every other type of squash out there that I would like it, and I was right!

After cutting the squash open (which took me an embarrassing amount of time - those things are hard!) it was smooth sailing ;)


I scraped out the innards 


And baked for about 40 minutes


I was told poking holes in it with a form speeds up the baking process, or makes it cooke more evenly... either way, holes were poked


I then scraped out the delicious spaghetti-like inside - so delicious!


I then whipped up an impromptu tomato sauce



And added the spaghetti squash to the mix


Et voila! Spaghetti squash 'pasta'


Conquered ;)



Spaghetti Squash ‘Pasta’ with Tomato and Goat Cheese

Makes 3 servings


Ingredients

1 spaghetti squash
1 tsp coconut oil
½ onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 medium tomatoes, diced
1 tbsp goat cheese


Directions

1 – Cook spaghetti squash: preheat oven to 325F, cut squash in half  (Be careful! This is the trickiest part of the whole process) and scoop out the seeds. Place face up on a baking sheet and poke holes liberally on the fleshy part of the squash with a fork. Bake for 30-40 minutes, or when the squash is soft.

2 – Scrape the meat of the squash out of the rind and place to the side.

3 – Cook onions in oil (can use any oil of your choice) in a skillet pan until onions are clear. Add garlic to onions and cook for 2 more minutes. Add tomatoes to the pan and let cook for about 5-10 minutes more until tomatoes fully cooked.

4 – Add half of the baked squash to the pan and mix in with tomato sauce fully.

5 – Serve warm in a bowl and top with crumbed goat cheese. Enjoy!




Keep up to date on all things Fitness à la Anna by following me on Twitter and Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment