Thursday 17 October 2013

Widgets

Combat, Baby

Hello friends,

How are things? I had a nice bike ride today - a little bit of sunshine on my way in, although it clouded over by the afternoon.




I am probably the slowest (and dorkiest looking...lets be honest, my helmet is borderline embarrassing) biker out there, but but my morning and afternoon rides never fail to put me in a good mood!

Workout


HIIT workouts are my fav when I don't have a lot of time set aside for a sweat sesh. I find dynamic exercises are the most time effective, but I am still trying to take it easy on my gimpy foot. Did I mention I got the results from my x-rays?? No fracture!! YAY!!!

Instead, its some sort of stressed tendon. Which may take quite a while to heal, but whatevs. At least I can walk without crutches or limping all over the place now :)


Silver linings, amiright?

When I was thinking of a name for this workout, this song immediately popped into my head.


Combat Baby by Metric. Takes me back to my days of angst...loves it ;)



Combat Workout
Inspired by my full-body workout yesterday, I wanted to incorporate a bit of boxing into my workout today. This is from bodyrock’s 30 day challenge. http://www.bodyrock.tv/2013/10/15/30-day-i-real-time-challenge-10-core-mixed-muscle-bonus/

HIIT
Do each exercise for 50 seconds on, 10 seconds rest before moving on to the next. I did every exercise once, but feel free to do it as a circuit workout and complete the whole series 2 or 3 times :)

1. Squat and Shoulder Press – with weight, squat and then lift weight all the way overhead when in standing position

2. Kettlebell Swings – can also use a bag with weight in it or a heavy jug

3. Burpee with Push-Up

4. Kettlebell Swings

5. Bicep Curls

6. Forearm Plank Oblique Dips – start in forearm plank position and dip your right hip down to the ground and raise, then dip your left hip down to the ground and raise, continue to alternate

7. Tricep Extensions – start in a standing position with weight in hands extended overhead, slowly release hands backwards and then curl up

8. Kettlebell Swings

9. Burpee with Push-Up

10. Kettlebell Swings

11. Full Abs Sit-Up – start on your back with arms straight out overhead, slowly sit-up while using only abs strength (not your back muscles) and continue forward to touch your toes, and then slowly lay back

12. Squat and Shoulder Press

13. Mountain Climbers

Combat
Do each exercise one after the other, making sure to use your whole body as you twist for the punches, rotating your foot so that you don’t injure yourself.

50 straight punches

50 hooks

50 left standing knee raises – start in a standing position, turn your torso and lift your arms to the left, and then lift your right knee as high as you can and turn your torso to the right and grab onto your knee, release knee to the ground as you swing back to the left (do this one as fast as you can)

50 right standing knee raises

100 touch downs – side lunge to the right and touch the ground, jump into a lunge on the other side and continue to alternate

30 push-ups


Have a Great Night Everyone :)


Keep up to date on all things Fitness à la Anna by following me on Twitter and Facebook


No comments:

Post a Comment