Monday 10 February 2014

Widgets

Masalaama Egypt, Until Next Time!

Well, the time has finally come for me to leave Egypt and move onto the next country on my list of places-I've-never-been-so-I'ma-go-there-ASAP bucket list. 


It's crazy to think that I've been here for a month and a half already. Initially, I was only planning on staying for 2-3weeks...I ended up getting stuck here since I was having too much fun! 


I actually have a ridiculously embarrassing confession to make (which I probs shouldn't be writing on the internet, but whatevs - I've got nothing to hide): my Egyptian visa expired. About 2 weeks ago. 


I never even considered the fact that I want able to stay in the country as long as I wanted to, but then someone pointed it out en route to Dahab and I was SUPER nervous that I was going to get hassled at the check points, but no one said anything. I kind of freaked out and wanted to go to the airport ASAP to get a new visa, but then learned that you had to go to some obscure town that would cost about 10 times the visa itself to taxi there and back. Also, people kept telling me that all I had to do was pay an extra fee at the airport when I leave and 'you're lucky we are so nice to you tourists - we wouldn't be able to get away with this in your country' 


True dat.




Anywho, I had a nice last supper with my Momster and Emily at the Grand Cafe overlooking the Nile in Maadi, and then hung out with my mom's roomie Sherri aka my second mom :) 


Sherri on the far left, our permanent photo-bomber in Dahab over xmas ;)


I'm actually going to miss this place so much - it honestly feels like I'm leaving home all over again to head off on my travels, solo this time. 


Cairo airport 

I've been seriously blessed during my time here, and have made so (so so) many amazing memories that I won't soon forget! I hope one day to return, insha'Allah, God willing. 


In the meantime, I'm off to spread my wings in the direction of South East Asia - Thailand, here I come!!

No comments:

Post a Comment