Tuesday, 30 July 2013

Widgets

Visit from the Deputy Minister

Hi Friends!

Hope you are all having a great day so far! My afternoon is zipping by...love when that happens, since it usually means that I've been keeping busy ;)

Lunch

 

I had an over-indulgent weekend (more on this in my post tomorrow!), so I've been focusing on getting lots of greens into my diet. I made a big batch of quinoa (pronounced KEEN-WAH), so I mixed in in with some fresh garden lettuce (my own!), black beans, and bell peppers with a whole wheat wrap on the side to scoop it all up, and a big and juicy peach to satisfy my sweet tooth :)

Photo credit
It seems that, without fail, I need (yes, need) a little something sweet after lunch to quench my cravings - sometimes this is satisfied with a piece of fruit, but some days (okay, most days...) I need to bust out the big guns and reach into my handy-dandy stash of dark chocolate.