Sunday 8 December 2013

Widgets

Mini Christmas


Hi friends!

Hope your weekend is going fabulously :)

I didn’t end up doing a post yesterday since I was busy getting in as much quality time with the fam as possible.  Gotta live in the moment every once in a while!

I’m just on my way back to Ottawa on the Greyhound bus now – they surprisingly actually have an internet connection, which is rare. I decided to just suck it up and take the bus instead of trying to organize a rideshare since it would have been a bit tricky to organize the two different legs of the trip – Ottawa to Toronto, and then Toronto on to London.

On a side note, I have to admit that I actually love it when the bus driver gives the little welcome speech on the bus – they stopped doing it for a while (I would know this since I have made the back-and-forth trip to and from London and/or Toronto MANY times in my life time. Many, many times) and now I feel all nostalgic and fuzzy and warm on the inside whenever I take a bus and the driver takes the time to introduce himself and whatnot.

It’s the little things, amiright??

First Friday


On Friday night, my Popser, Step Momster and little brosef (the youngest one) went to ‘First Friday’ in Sarnia. It’s this cool event organized by the city on the ‘main strip’ in town where all of the stores stay open late on the first Friday of the month and have art exhibits or live bands playing and you can go from one place to the next and enjoy the art scene in Sarnia, Ontario ;)

We met up with some family friends who are musicians, and ended up going to a bar where an awesome jazz band was playing. We ended up staying there for most of the night and even hit up the dance floor a bit.

If you are ever in the area, I would definitely recommend checking it out and supporting the local artists!

Mini Christmas


If I was to give the weekend a theme song, it would have to be a tie between these two:

Both are equally awesome at getting you into the baking mood ;)
  
As I mentioned the other day, I won’t be in Canada for Christmas (for the second year in a row, oops!) so I decided to go for a wee little visit with my Popster ahead of time.

Although there was no snow for our annual snow angel competition (I win every time, obvi) we did manage to make and decorate gingerbread cookies, decorate the Christmas tree – which was cut in the backyard – and have a big turkey dinner with the extended family in the area and sing some carols. And eat ALL THE DESSERTS.

My little sister actually played the clarinet for our carol session, so talented!

Due to my iPhone incident *ahem* dropping my phone into the toilet *cough* I wasn’t even able to take any pictures the entire weekend, but I have been promised that some will be sent to me soon, so I will post them as soon as I receive them ;)

Workout


I feel like I’ve eaten enough delicious Christmas pastries (and icing) for about 3 years worth of Christmases, so I did a quick little workout yesterday before dinner.

I did three sets of the following:

30 squats

30 jumping jacks

30 forward lunge (alternating legs)

25 push-ups

20 side plank dips

And then went for a nice, although slightly freezing, walk with my little bro and sister and the dogs. I think we worked off at least one serving of turkey ;)

I actually have another early Christmas dinner tonight – I may not fit into my jeans by the end of the weekend, for serious – so I will post my fitness for the week tomorrow morning.

Have a great Sunday evening everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment